Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hyperlink not working, nor is any of the others. Or is it a function that is enabled after so many posts, like a privilege.

Pete

Kubuntu 14.04LTS / Epson ET-2550 / Epson ET-6500 / LibreOffice Version: 4.2.7.2 Build ID: 420m0(Build:2) / Sky Broadband /
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Pete,

That function should be available to you.

What are you using to insert a hyperlink?  Are you clicking on the icon at the top of the post box (next to the smiley face)?  If so, what browser are you using?

HP Recommended

Yes, I am clicking on the hyperlink above, and trying the rest but nothing is happening. I am using IE8 (WinXP Pro SP3)

Pete

Kubuntu 14.04LTS / Epson ET-2550 / Epson ET-6500 / LibreOffice Version: 4.2.7.2 Build ID: 420m0(Build:2) / Sky Broadband /
HP Recommended

One thing to try is make sure your pop up blocker is turned off, since clicking on the link will open a new window.

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll forward this as a possible issue with the forums.

In the meantime, another option is to enter a hyperlink manually in the HTML tab above the text box (in between Rich Text and Preview). by typing out <a href="your target url"> your hyperlink text  </a>

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

SunshineF

HP Recommended

It's turned on but doesnt IE usually  have a bar at the top of the browsing window telling us that the current site wants to open another window?

I'll have to use the other method a go instead then.

Pete

HP Recommended

Hi,

I recently ran into a problem getting my photos from my  camera via my HP printer card reader.

I have always used the card reader the same exact way to get my photos into my computer files,

but back in July I took my card out of the camera (Kodak easyshare) put it in the HP printer memory

card slot, and the lights blinked green,  but then a small red light came on and on my computer screen in

the HP essentials, it read  "Error on Card."

I was told that maybe somehow I damaged the card by taking it out of the camera.  So today I bought

a brand new memory card.  SanDisk 4gb,  loaded it into the camera (while camera was turned off),  took

5 pictures,  (had no trouble viewing pictures through the view finder),  so I took the card out (camera was off)

put it into the printer slot and tried again.....same result.   screen said Error on Card....I checked the card

for scratches, damage, and also the LOCK BUTTON  was in the correct position on the side of the card.  I

did everything that HP.com/support suggested and still I get same results.  I am stumped.  I have used the

same technique for 2 years now.   I use the same memory card as from 1 year ago.  Never have had a

problem.  Could you help me?  Any different ideas.  I am wondering now if my printer is just acting fluky.

also, could the USB cable connection have anything to do with getting a Error on Card message from my

HP printer card reader?  I've been trying to research this over the internet and through HP and I am all

out of "steam".   LOL  Thanks so much.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.