Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Hello - I placed an online order through my employee discount portal and everything went through and received a confirmation that my order was being processed.
The next day I received the email below:

Thank you for your HP.com Store order. We received your order, but unfortunately it has been declined. If you feel your order was declined in error, please call us right away so that we can assist you and continue processing your order. We are available at 888-445-0112 from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET from Monday to Friday and from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET on Saturdays. Also, an HP team member will attempt to contact you by phone or by email to help.
• Your order number is XXXXXXXX
At this time, the HP.com Store has not processed your order and will not charge you for this transaction; however, your financial institution will have a hold placed on your account for the amount of the purchase. This is standard practice among financial institutions and the hold releases within a few days as it is only a reservation of funds. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your interest in HP products.

I called the number and after asking me to verify my order number and all my contact and billing information I was put on hold to then be told they could not continue processing my order at it was declined. They also stated I would not be able to place any future orders through my online account because they will be declined. If I wanted to purchase the laptop to go to one of their authorized retailers in my area. They could not give me any reason for the decline or the reason why I would have any future accounts declined because of privacy reasons. I’m the owner of the account! I asked to speak with their team that instructed to not continue with the order and was I told they don’t take calls.

Is there a way to escalate here? I find this to be terrible customer service. Especially if I cannot be told the since reason for my order to be declined nor why any future orders would be declined.

Thank you
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Carolinamp

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Moderator,

this happened with me as well, can you tell me how do i send info for order placed, credit card charged also but HP declined order. and how long it will take to get transaction reversed if need to place another order.

Thank you,

Sachin

HP Recommended

@SachinForward

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Kevin,

Yes, i am just waiting for correct person's message to send him or her required information. I have learnt on how to send private message,

Thank you,

HP Recommended

Hi Danny, 

I have exactly the same issue, my order for laptop(price around 1500$) constantly declined, I’ve tried a lot of times.

After this, just for experiment I ordered mouse(36$) and it was successful. 

But laptop always declined. I called to support, but they said that financial department declined order and they can not help me and that I can buy laptop in retail store, but the problem that I want almost the best configuration and I’ve never seen such in store. And I can’t see a reason why my order declined and I can’t use official online store.

I hope you will help.

Thanks, Roman.

HP Recommended

@Rosergs

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Moderator,

This happened with me as well, can you tell me how do i send info for order placed, credit card charged also but HP declined my order. and how long it will take to get transaction reversed if need to place another order. I need it revesrsed as the huge discount on hp will be gone. Also not many days left for black friday. Please help.

Thank you,

Adil

HP Recommended

@Adilra

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.