Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am a new HP customer. Hearing that it is quite reliable, I decided to give it a try. So I bought 2 Compaq CQ40-320TU Laptop from them. However, i am very disappointed with the product quality given and on top of that the customer service they given to me is VERY POOR! I understand that laptop is being manufacture in mass production so there might be some factory faulty as and when. It was the service that they provide and the way they handle faulty item process that disappointed me the most! I will NOT TRUST them ANYMORE! I will NOT buy any HP product anymore after this incident! As it gives mi ALOTS of TROUBLE and WASTE ALOTS of my TIME in return!  1st laptop, the windows is NOT installed properly. I tried to do windows recovery, however it is still the same error occurring! So i went down on the 3rd day of purchase and my dealer was kind enough to reinstall the windows for me. Thru and fro, 5 hours gone going down to the dealer shop! on top of that i had to rush down there after work!  When the 1st laptop is okay, i realise my 2nd laptop wireless is not working the next moment so I called HP care centre for help the next day during my OFF day! Thinking that, it may be some setting errors that caused the wireless card not functioning well. The whole morning I was on the phone with one of the care centre officer Ria on line trying to solve the problem. We did a window recovery, updates driver, check the wireless setting, check device manager etc… She promised to call back, nevertheless she did not do so to check on how is the laptop status! What a service?! In service line, if you promised your customer, please kindly do so and not say for the sake of saying! Actions speak louder than word!  I was firm to solve this problem by that day as I would not be free and I am in need of the laptop. So I went down to the dealer AGAIN! Wasting my time again and again! The dealer tired his best to help me check and do all he could to my laptop again and again! Ended up the result is still the same! Due to HP policy, for a one on one exchange, I need HP approval email then my dealer can do an exchange for me. So I called the care centre help line AGAIN around 5- 5.10pm! Goodness! My call is being routed to India HP headquarter and jack answered! Over there, they keep on saying they cannot make decision, blah blah blah all and all… 

I am so sick of the process thing so I say I believe there is some special cases whereby urgent case can be handle on the spot by other HP headquarters and informing the respective headquarter later on. I asked to speak to the higher authority. Jack keep on refuse.. When he can’t make a decision why can’t customer request be make so that the whole thing can be solve? What is the hesitating for? To delay the whole process so that I would get a one on one exchange which I am eligible for? After speaking to him for 45mins, he eventually decided to let me speak to his supervisor, John. After speaking to the higher authority John, he himself believe that is the wireless card faulty and it is a factory default faulty! If that is the case, why can’t I just get my exchange on the spot? Then John explain that reason being that all the authorize person that give approval is gone for the day and it has to be done by respective country headquarter! Ended up spending the WHOLE day doing all these, standing at the dealer shop for hours getting NO REPLY and NOTHING! Really is a WASTE of my TIME!

Question is IF my call is not ROUTED to another country, will this happened? I could have gotten the approval on time if not for this! IF both the care centre and my dealer can’t fix this problem, isn’t it obvious that it is factory default faulty? Why do I still have to wait for them to get back to me the next working day and wait for them to do the pick up and wait for their answer before I get a one on one exchange? On top of that the next day, they did not GET back to me regarding this matter! What kind of SERVICES is this? CUSTOMER PAID TO GET A FAULTY MACHINE AND ENDED UP GETTING ALL THE BAD SERVICES, EMPTY PROMISES, AND ETC! DO YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL STILL TRUST YOUR COMPANY, YOUR BRAND, YOUR SERVICES AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOUR PRODUCT QUALITY? THIS IS S0O UNACCEPTABLE AND RIDICULOUS!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings UnhappyCust09 ,

This forum is for suggestions on how to improve this message board and not a direct venue for HP. Please go to www.hp.com and click "Contact HP/Customer Service" on the bottom right hand corner of the main page to get the appropriate options on how to contact HP for this issue.

worked with HP employee for 2 years. Freelance tech support for 11 years.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I just read about your bad experiences with HP customer service, I had to deal with the same thing and I was angry because few days ago I just got my HP Compaq back from Geek Squad because I had a faulty hardrive. When I got it back to me few days ago they didn't bring my AC Adapter and my power cord like they were suppose to I got very upset. I had to buy one that cost me $85.00 from Best Buy and I called HP customer service and I told them what happened and they did post me my AC Adapter and I just got it today and they didn't put in the powder cord with it and I was very upset and I called them and made a complaint.

This stupid lady told me that she will put me through hardware and she didn't, she kept lying to me. I told her "THE PROBLEM IS THAT NOBODY IN THE HARDWARE DEPARTMENT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING, IT SEEMS LIKE THE RUSH AND NOT PAY ATTENTION. When I did talk to this guy from Hardware, he was very arrogant and rude and he was arguing with me and I said, "YOUR NOT LISTENING TO A WORD I'M SAYING, I SAID THAT I'M MISSING A POWER CORD WITH MY AC ADAPTER AND I NEED THAT. He wasn't going to do that for me til I yelled at him.

I'm sorry I don't like to speak to nobody from India because I can't understand them. I'm not prejudice at all and I wished that I can talk to one of my fellow Americans. I don't think I'm ever going to buy an HP computer again, I may switch to Dell because I heard they are good. My dad says that he never had a problem with his HP Pavillion ever.

He thinks they are so great, I don't think so

I know how you feel trust me

HP Recommended
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. This forum is to leave feedback and suggestions directly relating to these message boards. If you have feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive direct help or feedback from HP. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.