12-05-2018 01:49 PM
If you are trying to submit proof of purchase for warranty validation you may have encountered an error like the one pictured above. I had the same experience with HP's website (see my post here). I was given the runaround at first and the attention received from the HP "Social Media Ambassador" was entirely unhelpful. I hope this information helps someone else here.
This is what finally worked for me (to get the form submitted successfully):
- Fill in all required information at https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty.
- Use the "Dispute" link at the bottom of the warranty results page.
- Fill in all required information on the dispute form.
- Click the radio button indicating you'll attach proof of purchase (even if it's already selected).
- This is the important part: attach your receipt in a format OTHER THAN .PDF (I ended up using a .PNG image file).
The website indicates that a .PDF file is acceptable but the times I tried submitting the form with a .PDF attached the website returned the error pictured above. After submitting with .PNG image I promptly received an automated email with case number. Within 1 day I'd been notified that proof of purchase had been received and the warranty status verified and updated.