cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Pay for support for a product that is still under warranty?

HP Recommended
HP 32f Monitor 6XJ00AA

This is incredible. I'll start from the beginning:

I just bought an HP monitor - it is still under warranty (S/N[Personal Information Removed]). I want to get a resolution higher than 1920 x 1080. Simple? NO WITH HP!

I downloaded and installed the driver - didn't help.

Chatted with tech support - no idea how to help so they refer me to HP Smart Friend Services. So, I call and get transferred to 4 or 5 different departments. When I get to the correct department, she hangs up on me.

[calming down]

I try again - but THIS time, the chat tech says I have to PAY for tech support! WHAT? It's still under warranty. The response; It's just a little charge. I don't care if it's 1 penny - IT IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY AND IT'S A SIMPLE QUESTION!

So, then I come here to the 'community' to see if I can get this VERY SIMPLE question answered. I use the pull-down menu to 'Choose the board that best fits your product issue, question or tip' and Monitors is not even listed! This is shameful and pitiful 'tech support'. All  you have done is compounded my frustration! I'm not even sure why I am posting this - it is clear no one at HP actually cares!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 16
Level 16
29,452 29,187 2,615 9,721
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LindaJoBruton 

Edits - Update - Add Content

Basic hardware warranty does include defects to the hardware as explained in the Warranty document.

HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)

Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document.  Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.

We cannot discuss Warranty items.

We are Not HP Support.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That said,

I shall withdraw - nothing I can add at this point is going to help your frustration.

Stay Safe.

==============================================================

Original Content

The Community is not a business group of HP.

We are volunteers.  Not a perfect world, I guess.

The boards are arranged to a configuration that has been updated - if it doesn't work for every device and situation, it just proves there is room for improvement for "next time".

If this is your product:

HP 32f Display 

Your product Specs:

Resolution
FHD (1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz)

This is a relatively simple device - the User Guide, such as it is:

User Guide

Page 18 provides the display resolution sets.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,300 1,300 38 51
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@LindaJoBruton, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please supporting the document for HP 32f Display Product Specifications 

This Monitor can Support  1080p = 1920 x 1080 – which is usually known as FHD or “Full HD” resolution it's it cannot be upgraded by Software But it can downgrade the resolution Follow the steps below:

Screen resolution refers to the clarity of the text and images displayed on your screen. At higher resolutions, such as 1600 x 1200 pixels, items appear sharper. They also appear smaller so more items can fit on the screen. At lower resolutions, such as 800 x 600 pixels, fewer items fit on the screen, but they appear larger.

The resolution you can use depends on the resolutions your monitor supports. CRT monitors generally display a resolution of 800 × 600 or 1024 × 768 pixels and can work well at different resolutions. LCD monitors, also called flat-panel displays, and laptop screens often support higher resolutions and work best at a specific resolution.

The larger the monitor, usually the higher the resolution it supports. Whether you can increase your screen resolution depends on the size and capability of your monitor and the type of video card you have.

To change your screen resolution

1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

2. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.

3. Click Keep to use the new resolution, or click Revert to go back to the previous resolution.

Please supporting the document for HP 32f Display Product Specifications 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,300 1,300 38 51
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Apologize for the delay in responses and for the increases for the Support Team.

I hope that answers your query. If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow and if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos. 

Have a great day ahead. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation