Did you mean: 
nonaarduino
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Phone calls

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Have been receiving phone calls from an automated phone call saying that they see that I had purchased repair agreement and they were calling because the company was going out of business to give me a rebate I'm sure it's a scam but I was wondering if anyone else has been receiving that we take a note

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
MarcusC
922 890 26 188
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @nonaarduino 🙂

As for scammers in the community:

Be alert for scammers who may be posing as HP support representatives, particularly those who claim to be “HP Helpdesk”.

Only call numbers from people who have a HP badge on their profile page.

If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on the blue "Report Inappropriate Content" button above the message in the Private Message portion of the Community.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,185 29,900 2,718 9,941
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@nonaarduino 

Sure - lots of people perhaps received the same message - perhaps the message was sent all over the country or maybe just in your region.

Scammers work large and small networks - there might be dozens or thousands of calls that go out trying to snag the unwary.

Some of the methods and messages sound legitimate - some sound silly.

We've had both kinds over the years. 

We ignore everything from anyone we don't know.

We check / verify / and double check everything that we think we do recognize.

NO legitimate company will "cold call" you and promise you money, benefits, "free stuff".

NO legitimate company will call you on the phone and tell you your computer is full of bugs and threats.

What if?

Remain vigilant against additional scammers just because you ask whether anyone else has had the same experience.

What? 

Scammers are exterminated on our Community as soon as they are discovered.

That said, sometimes one will get through and try to trap someone by posting a pretty message that includes a phone number or email address.

READ – Be Informed – Be Aware

HP Fraud Alert: Protecting Yourself from Scams | HP® Official Site

HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

Stay Safe.

Nearly there - 2021

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation