Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13-ap0000 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am currently a student in college. Last year I purchased a HP Spectre 13-ap0000 x360 Convertible PC thinking it would last me through school. Unfortunately about 1.5 years in (past warranty) my computer would not turn on. On November 30, 2020 I contacted HP and they said that I could ship my computer for repair and it would take about 1-2 weeks to be repaired. Unfortunately, I received an email back later that week that my computer was waiting on a replacement part and the new date HP expected to have my product returned is middle of February 2021. 

I contacted HP because being a student I need a computer and after several hours on the phone with them they agreed to give me a $250 voucher.  I placed my order for a computer Dec 26. 2020 and received an email saying my computer will not be delivered until January 28th.  Am I crazy to think this timeline is ridiculous and incredibly long? I don't know if I will ever order an HP again.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tony511 

I am sorry you are stuck.

There is naught we can do about missing parts, delayed repair, or any other issues encountered when the device is at the repair depot. 

The Community is not HP Technical Support.

We do not have any contact with the HP repair process.

My personal opinion, is that it takes as long as it takes.

I've had extremely good results with repairs and others have taken longer than I liked.

It is unfortunate your device needed repair during the busiest possible time of the year, during a pandemic, and on top of the other stresses that are plaguing the work forces and businesses trying to meet the demands of a desperate customer base.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.