Did you mean: 
lostsowl
Level 4
87 64 2 25
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Please allow lines in posts to be longer, on larger monitors

HP Recommended

The forum composer window is only 8 in. wide - max, on a wide screen monitor.

Maybe 18 in. is too long, but except for some irritating forums, lines are longer than 8 in.

Then, on "Preview" the lines automatically wrap at LESS than 8 in.  So, you can't even guage how your paragraphs are formatted, looking at Preview.

Users w/ smaller screens do have line wrap, but a huge % of users have screens wider than 8 in.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
WyreNut
Level 15
16,240 14,999 1,038 2,096
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lostsowl wrote:

The forum composer window is only 8 in. wide - max, on a wide screen monitor.

Maybe 18 in. is too long, but except for some irritating forums, lines are longer than 8 in.

Then, on "Preview" the lines automatically wrap at LESS than 8 in.  So, you can't even guage how your paragraphs are formatted, looking at Preview.

Users w/ smaller screens do have line wrap, but a huge % of users have screens wider than 8 in.

Good point about Preview.  I've also noticed the pane does crunch the size of the actual post.  

I'll see what I can drum up with my HP contacts.  Not sure about stretching the size of the text editor. 

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
MrMatthew
Retired
Retired
1,058 863 11 83
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion.  We'll bring it up with the team.  🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation