Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
What arrogance! An honor student? You need to get out into the world and realize that there are others who are just as smart, and probably even smarter, than you. You don't know me or whether I am a novice or a computer wizard. You don't know what I did or did not do to make my computer crash. Even the HP technicians tell me that this computer is clearly a lemon and should have been replaced after the first crash a week after I bought it. My problem with HP is their total lack of what is generally termed "customer service". Once they have your money, THEY DON'T CARE, and they've made that abundantly clear. The crashes are clearly mechanical failures inside a poorly made HP computer as borne out by the clicking, grinding, and squealing sounds it makes as it crashes. You need to get a life outside of your parents' basement.
HP Recommended

I want to know something too. I DID NOT PUT MYSELF AS AN  HONOR STUDENT. PLEASE TELL ME WHO DID THIS. I DID NOT DO THIS. I am upset that someone posted me as an "Honor Student".I am not an honor student and I don't know who got the idea I was.I want to know who did this. I DID NOT  DO THIS. Please, someone from HP respond to my question. I would NEVER "pose" as an "Honor Student". I am a home user like other people. I am NOT an expert-----I am a user trying to get by like everyone else.

I would appreciate an answer asap, please.

I AM NOT AN "HONOR STUDENT"!

HP Recommended

Just to tell you, I reported this so called "Honor Student" as an abust report. I NEVER CONSIDERED MYSELF AS AN HONOR STUDENT, and I am going to find out how this was reported.

Now I feel violated; but I don't know by whom.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The ranking of honor student is simply how our users move along as they post.

Please see this message for how this works.

Regards,

GarenT

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you. I appreciate your answer. I only wish other people knew this. I did not intend to make myself an expert. I was just trying  to help out a bit. I guess I'll have to be more careful on what post.

I apologize to anyone who thinks I'm an "Honor Student" or sopmeone who knows more than some. I don't. I'm just a learner like everyone else. I just had a few tips that might help.

Thanks again for your quick reply.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Dude,

shows that u are a total n00b..welcome...

HP Recommended

I understand that HP staff read this forum.

...But really I fail to see the point if they do not try to resolve our problems.

Why is this place only for "users to support each other"?

It is not my fellow users who can supply me the knowledge and experience of HP products that may be required - It should be HP themselves.

Is there another forum I haven't found where HP actually respond to issues rather than just people who're in the same boat as me?

HP Recommended

Hey everyone,

This thread has really gone down into a rat-hole and is off-topic from the original posting. This area of the forum is for posting feedback and suggestions on how we can make the forum experience better. This thread in particular is instructional to point readers in the best directions for assistance.

I'm going to lock the thread simply because it has gotten so off-topic.

HP does listen, but we don't get very involved in providing direct assistance in this forum. We provide this forum to provide a customer-to-customer support space. If you want help directly from HP about an issue, we provide other areas such as phone, chat, and e-mail. Those services are designed to do what you ask.

Those of us that monitor the forum are not product experts. We provide assistance where we can, but our role here is to provide a superb forum experience.

Hope that helps.

GarenT

Message Edited by GarenT on 02-20-2009 03:27 PM
I worked for HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.