Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am responding to a call I made to your Customer Service and spoke to a guy named "Tony"
I was notified that my keyboard had to be replaced because the keys were popping off.
Now I'm told that it is going to cost me 450.00 dollars to replace when I only paid 799.00!!!
I was also told that the warranty did not cover my keyboard problem because there was "liquid spilled into the key boards".
I don't think you know who you are dealing with... I NEVER EVER EVER Drink around my laptop!!!
That is the first EXPENSIVE item I ever bought for myself in CASH!!! I am so "meticulous"  about my laptop that it boarders on OCD!!!  And you have the NERVE to tell me that I spilled Liquid into my keyboard....The only thing that I have ever done from time to time is use those compressed air canisters  to clean out any dust between the keys THAT'S ALL!!!
WHAT IS THE USE HAVING A WARRANTY WHEN IT DOESN'T COVER KEYBOARDS???
AND TELL ME THE CORRELATIONS BETWEEN KEYS POPPING OFF AND YOUR "SO CALLED
LIQUID SPILL IN THE KEYBOARD??? If that Were the case then the keys would be STICKING AND NOT POPPING OFF!
Your company is a rip off , and I am going to make sure EVERYONE KNOWS IT!
I am A Registered Nurse Practitioner.....So You are NOT dealing with an idiot!
You are Saying that There was a Liquid Spill so You can get your 450.00 DOLLARS TO REPLACE IT AND MAKE MONEY ON CONSUMERS WHO ARE BEING LEAD ASTRAY BY YOUR USE OF TERMS AND "LOOP-HOLES".
And Of course I can't See the Key Board Opened Myself Because You have It In Your Company
Repair shop.....So I am suppose to believe you???  I take such good care of my laptop that "it boarders on obsession !!!
I don't believe you, I DO Believe "however" that you are trying to "Shake Me Down" for 450.00 dollars!!!
Since I have a Lawyer on retainer at the moment for a case I am Investigating....I am going to her with this absurd Claim you are making!
I want the name address and telephone  number to the Executive Officer in charge so I
can give it to my attorney !!!
I am Very Sure that she can help me get the word out that HEWLETT-PACKARD ARE NOTHING SHORT OF BEING SCAM ARTIST AND DO NOT STAND BY THEIR WARRANTY!! And make
false claims to be able to charge their customers and make more money on repairs.....Repairs I Might add that "OUT COST" the original purchase price of the laptop in question!
I am Insulted by your attempt to make me feel like an "ass" on the phone, like you are speaking to some adolescent air head!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.