Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The URL http://www.hp.com/support/consumer-forum seems to contradict the statement here:

Finally this is a user to user community not another venue to receive direct assistance from HP

Thanks in advance

DaniW
HP Consumer Support Forum Administrator

Is it a HP support site, or is it a user forum?

So you better change the URL and remove the word "support" from anywhere on the site.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Since when is consumer to consumer assistance not considered a form of support when facilitated by a manufacturer?  I think the URL is just fine.  Sometimes this is the best place to come and get supprt since it doesn't involve a lengthy (and sometimes costly) phone call and we get real advice, not something a script monkey reads.  Also, there are a few actual HP support people that lurk around here, so between getting the perspective of people who have gone through and resolved these issues in real life, you can also get directed to documentation and software that can sometimes be difficult to locate on your own.

You asked "Is it a HP support site, or is it a user forum?"

And the answer is, it is a place provided by HP for users to support each other. 

Message Edited by frprinterwiz on 11-25-2008 09:24 AM
insert signature here
HP Recommended

I agree. This forum is for help and that is what these guys are giving us. Maybe it is your manufacturer; not HP. We all come here for help. I appreciate ANY help I can get, and if they send me somehwere else, it's for a reason. Please don't blame HP for sending  you somewhere else.  They are giving you what you came her for: HELP!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.