Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
n/a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A number of frutrated customers have been posting here 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/UNABLE-TO-CLAIM-HP-REWARD-FOR-INK-PURCHASE/m-p/6408186...

Hello HP.  It is improper for your HP expert Sabretooth04 to respond in such a frustrated manner.  The issue is not as he believes as to whether the reward programme is active or expired. The actual issue are (1) your customers are receiving uninvited popups telling them there is a reward available whereas the reward no longer exists; and (2) the popup redirects customers to a non-existent website.

Your “expert” clearly has not read the concerns expressed in the thread, gets angry with other posters for “not reading the above” (his words).  It is he that doesn’t understand and not read the above.

Worse still, he has closed down the thread to further comment.  Thus, alienating your customers still further.

It is great that HP run and maintain a forum of this nature. However if you can’t accept honest feedback when things go wrong – you may as well not bother.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I should further add that it is important for customers to continue to post.  This will help to identify that the problem is still unresolved.

Indeed, people should be encouraged to post on this issue. Surely that would be advantageous to a responsible company like HP. 

Thanks for reading

HP Recommended

Theads are closed when they have run their course - at some point the same questions are asked and answered over and over, leading to frustration on both the part of those asking and answering the questions.  

The rewards program was ended in July 2017.  Unfortunately this was not well communicated, either with the users or between marketing and the driver folks.  The pop-ups are supplied by the drivers, and they will need to be updated to remove these.

See the document here for information: HP Rewards – Program Ends July 2017

More From HP

HP appreciates your choice in purchasing genuine HP cartridges. However, this HP Rewards program is no longer active, and the benefits of this retired program are no longer being provided. HP greatly values its customers and often develops new and exciting ways to reward customers through promotions and product savings. To discover any new reward programs and find great deals on HP products, visit the HP store at www.store.hp.com regularly.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi, @45RPM

While I understand the frustration this Ink Rewards program situation has caused many folks, this is a peer to peer forum.

If you think that Mr. Hewlett or Mr. Packard, or their successors read or do anything about ANY of the posts that show up here, please think again.

This is definitely not the place to solicit solutions and action from HP, the corporation.

If you want anyone from HP to read about issues that are going on with their customers, then I recommend you address your concerns to the HP executive team at the link below. 

You may want to also send them the link(s) to any applicable forum discussions that you want to bring to their attention.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

HP Recommended

Hello Bob Headrick

Theads are closed when they have run their course - at some point the same questions are asked and answered over and over,

I agree.  It is only fair if an answer has been given, the thread should be closed. However, in this case, there is no answer.

A casual user thinking of buying ink (or even a HP printer) might view the thread in (say) Jan 2018 and think the problem has been solved – only to go round the loop that I and many others have.

You re-quote a link telling me the reward programme has ended.  You like other forum-experts think this is the solution.  This is not the solution!

The problem is not whether the rewards are active or expired.  The problem is that HP are telling us via popups that we customers have received a reward.

For example: if a customer goes into a shop and buys an item and an employee tells that customer he is entitled to a reward – quite reasonably the customer would expect something.  It would be unfair for the retailer to worm out of paying up due to a technicality.  Even worse, if the employee continued to repeat this false promise to other customers.

It is the same argument whether it is Walmart, Amazon or even HP.

Also, if you don't like my "employee" analogy, substitute poster, display board or tannoy.

As for closing down the thread. It would absolutely be in the posters’ interests to be able vent their frustration on this forum.  That is the whole point of a forum.

I take issue with your statement

leading to frustration on both the part of those asking and answering the questions. 

The people asking the question are going to welcome support from others.  In this case they are not actually asking a question – they are making a statement.  The people answering the question don’t have to answer because there is no answer.

In other cases it would be wise to close a thread – but it is unfair in this case because the issue is still ongoing and by definition unresolved.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul Tikkanen

That’s a fair point you make about peer to peer.

Although I am not quite sure who are the real customers of this forum.  Is it: (1) the posters, (2) the responders or (3) HP?  The clue is in the URL.

As I have said previously, it is indeed great that HP provide this facility but censorship is just counterproductive. If they don’t want adverse comments, don’t have a forum.

Thank you for the link to HP executive team. It would have more impact if the thread would have remained open.

If people wish to vent their frustration on this forum, irrespective whether read by Mr H or Mr P – it should be welcomed and not silenced.  Although that depends on who is really running the show.

Sorry my combined posts are long, I have a lot to say and thanks for reading.

HP Recommended

The fact the program has ended may not be a solution for you, but it is the answer so the issue has been answered.  In the thread that was closed this fact was mentioned perhaps a dozen or more times.

It is true that many drivers still refer to the now-ended program, and that may be annoying.  It will require a driver update to eleminate this, I would suggest, as the HP statement says, that you subscribe to driver update notices for your product so you will get a notification when your product's driver has been updated.

In the meantime, if you mention your operating system and printer model I may be able to suggest a workaround to disable the misleading alerts.

As for the forum being a place to vent, it specifically is not.  See the rules of participation here

6.  Think before you post: You may not use, or allow others to use, your registration membership to post or transmit the following text or images:

a.  "Rants", "slams", or legal threats against HP, another company or any person.

b.  Political statements, images or commentary.

c.  Discriminatory statements, images or commentary based on a person’s race/color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical/mental disability, veteran status, genetic information or citizenship.

d.  Off-topic comments not related to a technical or usage issue regarding an HP product.

e.  Language or images that promote illegal activity or use of an illegal substance or discusses such activities or substances with the intent to commit or use them.

f.  Duplicate posts.

g.  Hyperlinks that lead to sites that violate any of the forum guidelines.

h.  Advertisements or requests to sell or market products or services provided or rendered by you or any other person or entity with whom you are affiliated, or for personal monetary gain, reward or any other compensation.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.