Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HolFar
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Problems with Escalation Team

HP Recommended

Has anyone had any success in speaking to someone with the escalation team?  I have spoken to two people, one of who accused me of lying about going to school even after I provided him with my school id, school schedule, and explained why the year on the id was older.  Still refused to believe me until he searched the schools public database to make sure I was enrolled and never apologized for the fact.  I asked to speak to someone else (which it says in the email you can do at any time) and he said he has no supervisor (really?) but could give me to a coworker.  The only thing I can assume is he and this new guy were buds and that he told him I was difficult or something because this guy, Jaime, has been the rudest customer service person I have ever dealt with.  He left me attitude filled messages from literally the first one, lied and said I wasn't returning his calls so he was closing my case ( I had called back, left voicemails, and left emails), whenever he would return my calls he would purposely call during the hours I specifically said I would be unavailable during.  I asked to speak to someone else ( I realize that seems like I am difficult but really I am just trying to talk to someone who isn't totally rude) and he refused.  I don't even think that is allowed???  I bought a laptop a little over a year ago that as soon as I got it had issues.  I bought a warranty yet I had to talk to customer service like 12 times before I got it taken care of.  I was satisfied and thought my problems were over.  However fast forward to a few months ago I started having issues.  I understand these things happen which is why I have a warranty so I send it in.  It comes back with only half the issues fixed.  I am in school and haven't had time to send it back because it has been at least usable until my professor asked me not to bring the computer back to class because it is too loud and distracting him during lecture.  So I explain this to hp and I am told they will give me a new computer (nice!) with less memory (not nice).  I was bummed about that but what really made me upset was they originally told me I could keep the remainder of my 4 year warranty with the new unit however when they sent me the terms of agreement I was told I could only have a 90 day limited warranty on it?  This is not right and not a risk I want to take seeing as how many problems this laptop and the last one had.  Customer service has been horrible and I am just wondering if anyone else has had these problems or had any tips on what else I can do?

Thanks,
Holly

P.s. When I first got my laptop issue resolved I was hesitant about keeping it instead of returning it because of how many customer service people I had to go through before I could get it fixed even thought I literally hadn't even had it a month and had a warranty so the person who got it resolved assured me if I had any more problems I could contact her directly and it would be resolved.  Well if someone tells you that don't fall for it.  Her phone number no longer works and I am assuming she doesn't work there or doesn't want to deal with my issues because she doesn't respond to emails at the email address she gave me previously either.  Her name was amanda and she was very helpful so it is a shame.  Just a warning though in case anyone else falls for that like I did.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
danny-r
Retired
Retired
8,250 7,081 144 480
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HolFar

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
HolFar
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
How long should it be before I hear back?
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation