Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
X7X01UA##ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Purchased (HP Notebook - 17-x137cl; prod #X7X01UA) in Nov 2016. Came with extended 2-yr manu defects warranty. Just checked the HP.com warranty website/CS and my serial #is showing as expired.

Need warranty assistance on original battery-not holding power.

[personal information removed]
Prod #: X7X01UA##ABA
Battery CT#: 6EZRT09WY37515

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@kzoyto

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your notebook warranty shows expired, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Did you buy the warranty from HP or from the store?

If you have purchased a warranty from the store during the purchase of your notebook, it will be store warranty and you could contact the store. 

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box next to the bell notification icon on the upper right-hand corner for a private message from me for further assistance.

HP Recommended

Hello,

The laptop was purchased with a HP warranty - 2 years.

The battery, even when connected and charged (original HP laptop charging cable/cord) for many hours only shows 83% charged.  When not connected, to a charger, the battery life drops quickly to '0"-usually within 45 minutes.

I've done the troubleshooting - turn laptop off completely/turn on.  Opened the control panel, remove battery driver, reload battery driver, etc.

Not sure what to do next.

HP Recommended

@kzoyto,

I read the post and your time and efforts to try and fix the issue are greatly appreciated. As @Flower_Bud is out for the day, I am responding on her behalf.

Please follow instructions as suggested by her in your private message to get the computer serviced.

Take care and have a great week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,  I'm not able to see the private message, from Flower_Bud.

Can you resend.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@kzoyto

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm writing on behalf of my colleague @Flowe_bud, as the tech is out for the day, that said, It'll be my honor to help you with the private message, although, here's what you need to do:

Check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

That said, I've sent another private message with the details you need.

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.