Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have to ask why it seems posters here glob onto one small part of a posting, paste in a clearly-form response, and then literally beg for kudos. Honest to goodness, I don't think I've ever been on a grown-up board where the posters seem to have such a desperate need for positive reinforcement. Is there some payment system here I missed? Or is this just an ego-driven thing (something I have seen on boards catering to a more juvenile audience)?

Or have I just randomly run into a larger percentage of this type than exist in the general forum population?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Good morning,

A kudo for this thought.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, Charlie:

I do not have a signature requesting I be Kudoed if my answers help a person. Never have, never will.

Like many other forum members, I joined this forum to help folks with their PC questions/ issues and if they think I helped them, and want to give me a kudo for the answer I provided, that is all well and good.  If not, so be it.

There is a reason that we all like to receive kudos (whether we "beg" for them or not), and that is the more kudos we receive, the higher our forum "ranking" becomes.

Please see these posts below which should provide the info you were looking for.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to/How-To-Give-A-Kudos-Video/td-p/841871

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-News/HP-Support-Forum-Ranking-Overview/m-p/6#M337

Best Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

@CharlieSummers wrote:

Is there some payment system here I missed?

Yes,  HP gives compensation  for higher rankings.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.