Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Dave

Noticed the @<username> is a link.

Why can't I do that?

Tried it. Does not work.

@Big_Dave

I can't change my avatar?? I have a custom image now.

When trying to upload a new image it seems to be working and then, nothing??

Grzy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Grzwacz

The fact that you are seeing the issue and no one else points to the system you are using. But there is nothing in your configuration that stands out as being something that would cause the issues you are seeing, so here are some suggestions of things to try.

• It could be a keyboard language setting.
    • Suggest you make sure your keyboard is set to US/English and use the Shift+2 to create the @ symbol
  • It could be a browser setting
    • Recommend running “In Private” or “Incognito” session to see if there are any “add-ons” or “extensions” causing the issue.
  • Recommend making sure your system is 100% updated as well (OS, Hardware drivers, virus protection, etc.)

That’s about all I can think of @Big_Dave any thing else you can think of?

bill

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@Grzwacz

Try shift+@          

:generic:

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

@Big_Dave

Well, let's see. Does not seem to be working either.

Who would I talk to about this or is this function not available to me?

Realize this is not the place for this.

I apologize. :indifferent:

Grzy

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz

I asked a moderator to assist you.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

> Why can't I do that?

Hmm, I've never been able to do this in this Lithium forum.  I can do it in the HPE and MF ones.

Of course I can use the Insert Link button but that's not worth it.  So I quote a phrase.

> Try shift+@

@ == shift + 2, not sure how to get another one.  🙂

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz

We are sorry that you are experiencing issues with the forums. Can you please let me know what kind of browser and device you are currently using to access the forums? 

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi danny-r

Thanks for the assistance.

By device are asking what keyboard or PC?

I am using a Logitech K740 Illuminated keyboard.

Also using Chrome, Firefox, IE11, or Edge. (current versions)

Custom build system as follows:

Corsair Obsidian 450D
Intel i7 6700K
G.Skill RAM, 32 GB
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura Motherboard
Asus Strix 1080 OC
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Samsung EVO 960 1 TB PCIe 3x4

Win 7 Pro, Win 10 Pro. (current versions)

Also uploaded a custom avatar months ago. I cannot upload a replacement avatar now.

It appears to be uploading and then, nothing, no image, no error message.

I would like to replace the existing avatar.

I can upload images when posting to the forum.

Thanks for your help.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Hey @Grzwacz

The fact that you are seeing the issue and no one else points to the system you are using. But there is nothing in your configuration that stands out as being something that would cause the issues you are seeing, so here are some suggestions of things to try.

• It could be a keyboard language setting.
    • Suggest you make sure your keyboard is set to US/English and use the Shift+2 to create the @ symbol
  • It could be a browser setting
    • Recommend running “In Private” or “Incognito” session to see if there are any “add-ons” or “extensions” causing the issue.
  • Recommend making sure your system is 100% updated as well (OS, Hardware drivers, virus protection, etc.)

That’s about all I can think of @Big_Dave any thing else you can think of?

bill

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks.

Not a big deal.

Just thought it was cool to do that.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Hi Bill_F

Please reverse this solution given to myself in error.

I intended to give it to you.

Very sorry about that.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.