Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Hi,

I am listing the chain of events that happened to give you a better understanding of what my problem is.

1. I ordered an HP Care Pack on the 31st Jul and cancelled it within a few hours on the same day. I received an email from HP stating that my cancellation will be processed soon.
2. Since no one got back to me on the cancellation, I called up HP UK post sales team on the 3rd Aug and explained my situation and they told me that they received the cancellation request and that I would get a refund within 3 - 5 working days
3. After I spoke to the agent, I received an email on the 3rd Aug to provide some details so they can register the product to the correct hardware but I did not respond (you can check your system) to this because I cancelled the order.
4. On 5th Aug, I got an email that the order has been registered when I have not done anything from my side nor have I replied to HP's email as per point 3
5. Since I did not get a refund yet, I called up on the 7th Aug again but this time, they said that the order has been registered and therefore I am not  eligible for a refund.

Clearly, from the above, I don't understand why the cancellation was not processed and why the product was automatically registered when I did not provide a reply as per my point 3. Clearly, the above shows negligence from your side and therefore I should not be expected to pick up any cost relating to this.

I have evidences to prove all the above and happy to provide them if needed. Can someone help me get a refund for my purchase?

Thanks,

Subbu2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

It's been more than 3 weeks now and still no refund yet despite following up numerous times with the post-sales team, providing the list of events as per my earlier email where I cancelled on the day of purchase and being in line with your own terms and conditions.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Subbu

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Subbu2 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

It's been more than 3 weeks now and still no refund yet despite following up numerous times with the post-sales team, providing the list of events as per my earlier email where I cancelled on the day of purchase and being in line with your own terms and conditions.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Subbu

HP Recommended

This is all sorted now

HP Recommended

@Subbu2

Good to know that it is sorted.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In April 2017 we paid $160.86 including tax for an HP Care Pack Service Payment. Agreement no. CA0000445535490001. Payment date 26-APR-2017 ($160.86). We were informed that we are due a refund if no parts were needed there would be a refund if no parts were needed. No parts were needed during that time. As of this date, 15 months hence, we have not received a refund.
Jon Hazelton

HP Recommended

@Jon1938 Thank you for the details, I have forwarded the information to the concerned team again and they will get back to you on this, shortly!

We appreciate your patience and hope you have a good day, ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.