Did you mean: 
JDore
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Registration problem

HP Recommended

Greetings all!

I don't know who will actually read this, but I wanted to pass along a long story of trial and error to get registered.

For some reason, the registration page would not accept any of 4 different passwords! I tried different combinations of letters, numbers, and special characters, upper and lower case, quantity of characters - and no go! The website itself offered NO suggestions for password composition, a major oversight! I spent the better part of the afternoon trying to find someone to talk to or email for help - NO SUCH LUCK! I even called Lithium, the website operator - and got lost in their maze. I tried the HP CUSTOMER SUPPORT number - and no luck there - another voicemail jail mess. I tried the HP Sales number - that didn't work either.  I call the HP PARTS number and  I finally found a warm body in India to talk to - but he had no answers either. He just threw up his hands and said there is NO SUPPORT OPTION FOR THE HP FORUMS! Unbelievable!

So how did I finally succeed? I found the page "did you forget your password?" I submitted my email address and back came a link to setting a new password - and here I am! I'm not making this up!

Recommendation: provide some way to contact someone operating this website WITHOUT USING A PASSWORD! Some sort of general help number or email would have saved me a lot of aggrevation! 

Best regards,

Joe Dore

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation