Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I am posting this because I am VERY unhappy with the repair department @ HP. On 6/30/10 I contacted HP about my laptop not charging when the adapter is plugged in. The customer service operator took me through a few steps that might have fixed the issuse but to no avail it did not work, so she ordered a box to sent to me in order to have my laptop looked at.

I went out of town and didn't mail my computer off right away. On 7/11/10 my 8 year old spilled juice on the table where my laptop was. I was suprised when it came back on and was working just as it was before. Thank goodness for that right? I couldn't deal with this no charging thing anymore and called HP to see if I could still use the box. She said yes and I mailed it out after filling out the form detailing "THE POWER ISSUE". My computer arrived at HP on 7/16/10 , on 7/20/10 I looked on the repair status website only to see that I was being charged $432 for the damage caused by the liquid, and that they had been trying to contact me. Uhh yeah right. I had no e mail, missed call, or voicemail from them. I didn't send it in for liquid damage I just want it to charge. Anyway from the 16th on they did NO work on my computer. I spoke to a supervisor named Adrian on the 21st and he then told me that he would let them know to work only on what is under warranty and fix my power issue.

I received my laptop today and it arrived with a "no fix" sticker on the box.I plugged it in and suprise ,suprise it STILL doesn't charge.I looked at the paperwork and called HP to see what work they did and I was told that NO work was done whatsoever. Wow so because I didn't pay $432 they decided not to even look at what the unit was actually sent in for. My complaint form never mentioned liquid damage because that wasn't an issue. Now I have to wait until monday to talk to this supervisor again just to see if he will put a note in and direct them to actually work on the REPORTED problem not what they found wrong in addition to what I already said was wrong.

I start school in a few weeks and I hate that I will have to be without my laptop again just to "try" to get this issus resolved when it should have already been handled while it was in their care since that is what my service order was about. It's as if they changed my service order once they found something I could be charged for. I kinda figured that they should have fixed the power issue and sent it back letting me know about the liquid damgae and the cost.

I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

25 views and not one supportive comment huh?  I understand your frustration and while you are new to this site as I am, a low post count should not deter anyone from piping in.

I realize that all repairs are different and require various levels of trouble shooting.  What I find amazing is HP's stating they have been, "trying to contact you."  I have heard that one before.  There is a huge disconnect within their system in how they respond to the customer.

I have a similar issue that I am currently trying to address with a 6 week old printer.  Their overseas tech support lacks the "care," personal interest, and detail  in your investment that we would expect. 

I hope HP helps you to resolve this issue.

Subscribed to this post

Eurosid 

Current Purchase 1/14/2020
• Z1 Workstation
• Windows 10 Pro
• Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor
• 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
• NVIDIA® QUADRO® P620
• Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor
• 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
• NVIDIA® QUADRO® P620

Still chugging along ...
• HP Pavilion Elite 310t
• Windows 7 Home Premium 64 (w/SP1)
• 4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ Quad Core Processor + Intel(R)
• 12GB DDR3L System Memory (4 Dimm)
• ATI Radeon 5770 graphics card
• 2, 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drives
• 22-inch Full HD WLED-backlit Display (1920x1080) HD Graphics 4600
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.