Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ef0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I bought 2 laptops for my 2 older sons back in May, and gave them to my sons in June. We have had problems with the webcam on one of them pretty much since the beginning. While my husband was perfectly content with buying an external webcam, I believe that all components of a brand new computer should work.

I spoke to an agent on August 17th, and when we were unable to solve the issue remotely, he told me that I would need to send it in. My children start school virtually on September 1st, so it was imperative that I have the device at that time so that he can log in to online classes. I was given 3 options - spend $25 and have it back within 5-7 business days, spend $15 and have it back within 8-9 business days, or no cost and have it back within 14-15 business days. I chose the $25 option to ensure that I would have the computer back before September 1st.

The laptop was received by the repair center on August 19th, with a tentative return date of August 21st, well within the 5-7 business days, and well before September 1st. Then, I received an email this morning, stating that it would not be sent back until September 2nd.

Why did I pay $25 with the assurance of receiving it back within 5-7 days, when it is now around 11-12 days? I would like a refund, and it is really frustrating that I could not find a phone number to speak to someone about this.

Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.