Did you mean: 
essex52
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Replies should quote original message!

HP Recommended
When clicking the reply button on a particular message, the reply should automatically insert the original question as a quote (as is the case in most forums) otherwise the reply does not really make sense, as nobody can tell which post it was referring to!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,049
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
If you click on the Quote button on the top right corner of the post, then it'll quote the post you're replying to.

@essex52 wrote:
When clicking the reply button on a particular message, the reply should automatically insert the original question as a quote (as is the case in most forums) otherwise the reply does not really make sense, as nobody can tell which post it was referring to!

I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
essex52
Author
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh yes! I hadn't noticed that there! But I think it would be better if the post to which one was replying was quoted automatically, for that very reason! After all, you can always edit the quote once it's in the text box if you didn't want to quote the whole message....

@DexterM wrote:
If you click on the Quote button on the top right corner of the post, then it'll quote the post you're replying to.

@essex52 wrote:

0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,049
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm certainly not against this suggestion. Might be worth implementing.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
DaniW
Retired
Retired
780 512 30 379
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Essex52

Great suggestion we'll have our technical team take a look at the feasibility of implementing this

Thanks again!

I worked for HP.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation