Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP smart TV SL4778N
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have a  HP smart TV  (SL4778N MediaSmart LCD TV) And  a imac computer. It worked ok when I was using windows on a pc and of course the software made for windows. HP Tv calls for windows media to be able to connect up to get to the internet to get apps to ru. My TV connects to the network ok but when I go to Media menu and go to the online icon it says not connected to internet. I have tried flip player then found I it doesnt work with new OS versons. I even connected by cable but same results. Connects to network but not to internet. There has to be a work around some where. I posted on comunity fourm but never heard anything. Thanks for any help.  I know this dont belong in this section but dont know where to put it as it has to do with HP TV and there is no catagory of such.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@budzy1

A warm welcome to HP Forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

As per this document, a special software must be installed on the computer in order to stream media to the MediaSmart TV. For Mac OSX mojave the supported software is Switch, you may download the software from here.  

NOTE: Mac OS configuration is not supported by HP.

You may also refer to the links below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01074614#c01074614_step4c  

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01074614#c01074614_installWMP 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have received a message where to get software to use as windows media player but I still have the problem of it saying that it can connect to network but no the internet. I have internet sharing checked on my imac.

HP Recommended

@budzy1

I'm afraid, you have to call HP Support for further assistance. I've send you a private message with instructions on how to contact your regional HP Support. Could you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.