Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I foolishly responded to this scam email, installed the infamous LMI remote viewer. HELP!

HP Support Forums
Join the conversation!
Hello Obasan,

You've received a private message in the HP Support Forum.

Be alert for fraudulent messages
Be alert for scammers who may be posing as HP support representatives. Only call numbers from people who have a label next to their screen name. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on the blue "Report Inappropriate Content" button above the message in the Private Message portion of the Community. Thank you!
Subject: HP Helpdesk
Note:

NCHO a;HCO:ALScK>">:C"A>CCL AshO:C LAs oCIHAPC:o CJAL."C:ASc."CAS

Dear Customer,

Welcome to HP Support Forums!

We appreciate your concern regarding your HP Product. However its hard to provide you the appropriate solution for this issue in community. In order to get easy and hassle free HP Technical support for computer software & peripherals. Kindly call 24*7 for assistance.

+1(800) 318-6034 (US/Canada Toll Free)
+44 (800) 3688965 (UK Toll Free)
+61 (1800) 385471 (Australia Toll Free)

Thanks & Regards
Helpdesk

Please do not reply to this email - your correspondence will be lost forever!

To reply to this message, please log in the community.

Thank you for your participation in the HP Support Forum.
We're glad you're here.

The HP Support Forum Team

Learn more about our HP Support Forums | View Site
HP.com Privacy Unsubscribe Update Settings

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks CF4. I continually questioned the person and he, as his alias Shawn William, assured me that he was an HP respresentative. Have deleted what I can from my Mac after searching the web and am scanning for malware.

Was a newbie to this forum. Perhaps others can profit from my error.

HP Recommended

Yes, use a rescue disk on your computer, and obviously report this to HP.

HP Recommended

I got that email as well but I didnt respond. the suprising part is that the email address is @hp.com .  How do they have access to that domain??

HP Recommended

I keep getting BS from bots on HP forums telling me to call their "HP Helpdesk". 

HP Recommended

> the suprising part is that the email address is @hp.com.

Did you check all the mail headers to prove it came from hp.com?

HP Recommended

The fake user sent a Private Message (click the envelope at the upper right when logged into the forum).  THe HP system sends a copy of the message to your email of record.  The scammer does not have your email, but the message is delivered  by HP Support Forum <HP.Support.Forum@hp.com>, lending credence to its authenticity,  (The email IS forwarded by HP, but the originator is not HP or associated with HP.

The forum notification has recently been changed so the messages will not be sent, users will receive a notification with the message title (typically HP Helpdesk for the fake messages).  Users will need to visit the Private Message system where it may be more visible that the sender is NOt FROM HP.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

By the way, please go to the Private Mail system by clicking on the List Private Messages in the upper right while logged into the forum.  Click on the offending Subject (typically "HP Helpdesk") and then click on "Report Inappropriate Content".

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.