cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Screen warping at boot, BIOS, etc. Looks like a cap blew on my GPU on a ~1 year old laptop..

HP Recommended
Spectre x360 - 15t-ch000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This post will help no one, if you came here for screen help this wont hep you. I have a hardware problem, no local support center and I can't get ahold of anyone at HP. So I posted here as a last resort.

My laptop is a HP Spectre x360 - 15t-ch000 CTO purchased in late 2018. It's out of warranty. So I guess I have to go here to get any sort of support.

The hardware support center links don't do HP laptops. they have requested that they be removed for the HP website. I dunno.Maybe HP is too busy devising way to make it impossible to get real support on what is effectively a new laptop to update their support website.

Anyway, I have no idea why but my laptop screen would periodically start warping and flickering. For awhile it seemed to be when I ran it for a long time. A simple restart would fix, but it started getting worse. The thing is this all started during the warranty period, but I considered it a nuisance more than anything. Anyway, it started happening more and more. And now it happens all the time. The flickering happens during boot and BIOS.. it's not an OS issue. It happens in linux and windows. It's a hardware issue. It looks an awful lot like a blown capacitor like you'd see if you overclocked a desktop GPU and ran it too hot for too long. Honestly I wont care I just need the laptop fixed. I do my work on it.

Anyway, I made it through a whole paragraph with no swearing so, yay me! 

I got this laptop with reservations on getting an HP, but I thought 'Hey the reviews are good and this is a higher end one, it;s the cheap best buy stuff that sucks' oh, how wrong I was this thing has been a lemon from the start. running hot (it sits on a wiremesh cafe table with plenty of airflow). Graphics Driver updates that are sorely out of date constantly. And now whatever this is.  I can;t say I;ll consider an HP again and I wont be recommending to friends. I just got my mother an lenovo.

Insert the worst set of swear words you can think of and you aren't even touching what I think of all of this.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,879 30,828 2,553 3,856
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@grrrH-P I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation