Did you mean: 
richards1052
Level 1
9 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Sig policy

HP Recommended

I just created a sig which links to my personal non commercial blog.  A moderator removed the link claiming it violated a site policy against advertising.  Can someone explain to me how including a link to a blog that is entirely non commerical in nature and doesn't sell or promote anything is "advertising?"

I've looked through the rules I could find pertaining to this & can't find anything that prohibits links in signatures.  I'm not saying there isn't such a policy, but I sure can't find it.

Can someone explain to me more clearly what the rules are & where it states that such personal links are prohibited.

Richard Silverstein
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
WendyM
Level 7
1,018 917 21 140
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't speak for the moderator who removed your signature, but if it was linking to your website I can explain why I would have removed it. We do not allow any links to sites which conflict with the Rules of Participation, which includes political commentary and sites that solicit donations or advertising. Hope this helps.

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation