Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I orderd my HP Elite on May 17th, and was surprised & happy to learn that the estimated ship date would be on th 21st. Sounded great since the point of my pc was mainly since I will be starting online classes & my current laptop is on its dying legs from the sand overseas & all.

Unfortunately the 21st came and I was dissapointed when I logged onto my e-mail & saw that it was delayed until the 25th. However, I did understand  since I did kind of figure the 21st might have been alittle quick for building it. So I just went on with it. Next up the 25th came and I did not recieve an e-mail at all. I then decided to speak to a rep via web chat & they informed me that it's been delayed again and now I must wait until the 27th(was kind of rude about it as well).  However, about noontime on the 26th I recieved an e-mail stating that it's been shipped! Great right?  No, unfortunately the tracking number on it did not link to anything, which is fine as I figured maybe it's too soon and it's not updated so I waited a day & checked again on the 27th.  Nope, same thing.

So I call FedEx with the tracking number to see if maybe they could give me a status update, and unfortunately I was surprised to learn that they did not have that tracking number in that system at all. It doesn't exist.  However, they said maybe it just hasn't updated & to try again tomorrow.

So today (the 28th now) I try again and it still doesnt exist so I speak to a rep to see if I can find anything out. I will say this one was a lot nicer though & did try to help. So after speaking with her & looking around she said that they send out advanced shipping notifications (ie: they send you an e-mail saying they shipped it BEFORE they actually ship it) and she is sorry for my inconvenience, and informs me to call the resolutions department and speak to a supervisor.

So I call the number and speak to someone and she was indeed correct. They never sent it yet so the shipping notification was just a up front lie and it indeed has been delayed yet again, and since it's Memorial day weekend I will not even recieve a status update for another FOUR days. Not it will ship in four days, just get a status update on it.

Is this how HP treats their customer? I'm almost scared about how long it will take to get any sort of should my computer need to be sent back for repairs.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

You think that's bad?  My HP4700 all in one totally died last August.  I took it to an HP service agent who sat on it for a month and then told me it couldn't be fixed and, anyway, they didn't bother fixing old printers, just buy a new one.

I googled the problem and found out how to fix it.  Five minutes later (yes, I'm not kidding), it was all fixed and has worked perfectly since.  I emailed HP on 29/09/2009 asking them to explain why their service agents couldn't fix a problem it took me 5 mins after googling it.  I am still waiting for a reply.  I love my HP printer, but the HP service is not as good as it used to be when i first started buying HP products.  In fact you can't complain about it because there isn't any. Ten - fifteen years ago, I would always look and see if HP had what I wanted (because of their service then) but now, I don't think it matters.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.