Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frek62
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Spectre X360 Screen Cracks

HP Recommended

I purchased a Spectre X360 13-4112TU 3 weeks ago and had it 9 days when the screen just cracked up near the camera as I was opening it by lifting from the recessed section on the front of the keyboad. Took it back to the retailer who sent it to a HP Service Agent who now wants to charge me $890.00 to replace the screen as they believe I have misused it. Just to add salt into the wound, I asked for the unit back to get a second opinion only to find now that the crack is all the way down the screen from top to bottom. Currently sending a formal complaint to HP South Paciifc (Australia) to give them the chance to sort out before I go to Consumer Protection as this is a joke. I am over 50 years of age, not some dumb arse 14 year old and the warranty repairer wants to blame me. This is the first hp computer I have had any problems with and I have had many computers over my time . Now read heaps of same problems and yet no answers from HP except it is your fault, When is HP going to sort this shot out.   

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 324 972
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@frek62

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation