Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 360 Model:13-4003dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Laptop started to get hot as usual, which I then noticed that my computer had low battery so I plugged in my charger and the computer immediately shut down. It took about a minute to get it restarted however when I finally did a warning message popped up saying that the computer had a thermal shutdown. I finally got it to restart only to realize that it was not charging anymore and I started to smell a burning plastic smell from the computer itself. I contacted customer support and which they basically said to see if if a different charger worked. Several hours later I tried a different charger and that did not solve the problem. So I looked on forums to find out this is a common problem with a lot of specters. I then contacted HP to figure out what to do now. They offered to fix it for around 430 dollars since the computer is out of warranty. Currently my product is about a year and 9 months out of warranty however the laptop and charging cable before this incident was in perfect condition. I rarely use the laptop, mainly for internet use. I also don't understand how half the HP customers w/o warranty with this same problem get their laptops fixed for free, but the other half do not. Has anyone contacted the spsc in regards to this defect?
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @a4001,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.