cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
RosaleeJ
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Spy ware

HP Recommended
Spyware
Other

I was having problems with my printer, agent told me I was hack and sights were stealing my identity.  I was so shocked I bought a lift time protection from him but after thinking about it I wasn't sure that HP sold anit virues.  Has this happen to anyone else.  I'm trying to talk to a live HP agent but I don't think the exist.  Any suggestion?

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
33,753 26,197 3,087 10,038
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RosaleeJ 

It was a scam.

HP does not swoop down on people and sell them anti-virus software.

HP does not dig around in your computer to fix your printer and then tell you your computer is full of bugs.

No legitimate company does this.

Nasty business - It is all just lies intended to steal your money, your identity, your peace of mind, and your sanity.

Call your bank - tell them you are the victim of fraud.

Not sure about everywhere - in the USA, banks and credit cards do not usually hold the victim responsible.

If you actually let the rat into your computer, you might have worse problems than the purchase of a fraudulent contract:

Change every password, every login, every userid, everything that might let the crook into your life.

Call a friend, colleague, your boss, or a trusted associate for help - you don't have to deal with this alone.

I am sorry this happened.

I will forward a message to our moderators.

If / when you hear back - the message will be here on this thread before the agent uses any other means to contact you.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation