Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hi,

it would be great to have an off topic forum/section here for us to interact and have general discussions. almost every forum i'm a member of has an Off Topic section. we can get to know each other much better and share useful information and opinions about various topics, technology and others also. we can do the same through PM's, but getting everyone involved will feel much better.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
I agree, but it should have permissions set so that you have to earn a minimum amount of post/kudos/etc in order to be able to view/post in it. Perhaps this could be tied to signature rights/etc from this thread.  I don't know that it would be viable because it would take extra work to manage user's rights and etc...not to mention HP would probably want the content limited as they are a huge corp. and not just a small group.

@GarenT wrote:

Hope to have an update next week sometime. Most of HP has been shut down since the 20th of Dec and need to discuss this with others. I think this would be pretty cool to give access to a better sig area once you get to a certain ranking. Thoughts?

GarenT

HP Recommended
well this is a peer-to-peer forum, so the content should not pose a legal problem if any. and im not sure if priviledges should be restricted to a certain number of posts. let everyone join in. it'll help bring the members closer.
HP Recommended

@DexterM wrote:
well this is a peer-to-peer forum, so the content should not pose a legal problem if any. and im not sure if priviledges should be restricted to a certain number of posts. let everyone join in. it'll help bring the members closer.

If you don't restrict it, there will be new users posting help questions and possibly junk...Even setting a 5 post minimum limit would prevent this.
HP Recommended
if they start posting technical questions or spam here, then they should be banned! 😄

EDIT: in other news, my reputation level increased! 😄
Message Edited by DexterM on 01-07-2009 11:44 PM
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

We are trying to determine the best course of action for this board. There are many off-topic conversations going on and we need a "general discussion" category for topics that don't fit any of the other areas. Your timing of bringing it up is perfect and I'm sure there will be a change in the very near future.

Thanks,

GarenT

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended
awesome! this is great news! thanks Garen.
HP Recommended

that could be a plus and a wonderful use

but be advise if we get a chatting typ instant messege

or pm issue

it could overwhelm moderators and adminstators

and this could hampers the

good use of this forum

but let us hope for a better and improve function

of this forum

as far as  I know  

I am fine with it except a few things but most all

i am very satisfied

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended

I for one would love to see more categories available for posting, both tech/computer related and some more personal categories.  Perhaps those that have specific topic desires should post them in this thread for the mods and admins to look over.  Here's mine!!!:

On the tech side:

Media Smart Home Server

Media Vaults

Linux questions

Digital picture frames

MP3 players

Digital Cameras/Camcorders

On the personal side:

The Bragging Corner (post the specs of your machine, brag about your cool digital gadgets, etc..)

Cars/Vehicles

Movies/TV

Books

Jokes

Arts and Crafts

insert signature here
HP Recommended
also, please rename the Software and Drivers section of printers and AiO's to 'Printer Software and Drivers', cos a lot of PC users are posting there, which is wrong.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.