cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 2
16 11 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Support Web Site is Useless

HP Recommended
Deskjet 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have spent over 2 hours trying to find out if and when I will ever get any ink for my Deskjet6970.  The support site sends me in an endless loop to the virtual agent that only directs me to the order supplies page that then tells me that the ink is out of stock.  I know that it is out of stock as it has been for the past 7 months.  What I want to know is: when will it be available or should I just go to Best Buy and purchase an Epson printer?  I can't seem to get that information.

On one post on the forum, Kumar0307 replied to create a case but the page that he directed me to indicates that cases are for business customers.  Ok.  I'll try it because I am desperate.  Have not been able to use this printer for the past month, now.  That page tells me that my email is not registered.  When I click Register and enter the email address, it says that a duplicate email address exists.  Another dead end on HP's support page.

Finally  I find a page that directs me to a page that allows me to enter my printer serial number and information from the affected cartridges.  I go through the steps to identify everything and get told that I am eligible for replacement cartridges to be sent to me.  Ok.  Good news.  Click Continue to enter your address.  When I do, it takes me back to the initial page to enter the printer serial number and start the process over again.

Do you people not understand about infinite loops?  They are a basic mistake that a middle school programmer would know to look out for and avoid, but I have encountered at least 3 of them on your web site.  I am giving up and just going to toss this printer in the trash and go out and buy an Epson, Canon, Brother or anything other than HP.  That is sad, too, because I have owned 3-4 HP printers and 8-10 if not more HP computers.  This experience, the lack of being able to get information - forget getting resolution - and the poor quality of the support site has made me want to totally abandon any further association with HP.  I understand automated support.  I do it all of the time, but at this point, I want to speak or chat with a live person (not a virtual person who directs me to preprogrammed responses that anyone gets when asking about "printer" and "ink" and "replacement".  You guys need to sit down and think long and hard about how you earn your money -- that it comes from your customers whom you are pissing off in the most complete way possible. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation