Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just finished a 10-hour marathon with HP technical support over a DVD burner in my computer that has ceased to work due to hardware failure.  I KNEW it was a hardware problem when I first called them earlier this morning.  I had already tested it through trying different software programs, different disks, different formats, etc..  Not only that, the DVD drive had ceased to read DVD discs, even store-bought ones.  It was really a straight-forward problem with only one solution -- replace the DVD burner which was still under warranty.  But NO, I had to jump through every hoop and every test the technical support people could think of -- not only ONCE but TWICE!!  We un-installed and re-installed and tested and performed system restore functions.  After the first technician gave up, he told me I had to get Internet access to the problem computer so that he could do a remote access to "fix" the problem.  I spent a hour getting a wireless router set up and functioning for my computer, but before calling technical support back, I did a Hardware Diagnostic Tools test on my DVD burner (which the technician had never had me do before) and saved the error log so that there would be no question what the problem was; it even included the error codes.  But STILL, when I called back with my service ticket number (showing that I had already been through all the tests), the technician insisted on going through them again -- even on re-doing the Hardware Diagnostics Test.  It took 2 hours more!! and when we were through, my computer would barely function.  He wasn't able to do a remote access because the computer would barely run, there were no system restore points left, and he had all my auxilliary hardware unplugged.  I was so FRUSTRATED!  In the end, he connected me to the hardware people who put in an order to have a new DVD burner sent out to me.  Bottom line -- it took me 10 hours and a lot of work to get the technicians to come to the same conclusion I had from the beginning -- the DVD hardware was malfunctioning. 

My question:  Why do the HP technicians have to make their customers jump though hoops over and over and over just to come to the logical conclusions that were obvious from the start??  I need a way to give a customer satisfaction survey or a complaint to the HP managers.  Why are there no such things??

Message Edited by Lana_a2000 on 12-22-2008 08:43 PM
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended
Just to let you know, this portion of the forum is for suggestions on how to improve the message board. Just want to beat the admins from posting that later on. Anyways, have you tried the  "Contact HP / Customer Service" portion of www.hp.com ?
worked with HP employee for 2 years. Freelance tech support for 11 years.
HP Recommended

Thanks BSkull

Already sent Lana a PM on this issue.

The direct link to contact HP is

Contact HP

Thanks!

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

I to have been given the run around.

I purchased a referbed HP with a 90 day warranty on 11/15/08, HP refused to honor the 90 day warranty, I have called around 10 times and each time I had to go through the hoops repeating all that was said and recorded each previous time, I asked to talk to the supervisor a number of times to no avail.

I have received 17, yes 17 emails saying they will take care of this on a priorty basis, still NO RESPONSE.

Maybe we all should buy another product in the future, I hear Dell is very good.

HP Recommended
Have you attempted to post this issue in our message boards. We have a lot of helpful people who would be more than willing to see what they can do.
HP Recommended

Here is my ticket number: If anyone can do something, fine. I have spent to many wasted hours with NO results.

Not even the courtesy of the promised phone call. 

Thanks,

Dom Citro

Message Edited by DaniW on 12-25-2008 08:23 AM
HP Recommended

For privacy reasons, it would be best if I did not pull that service ticket up. What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?

HP Recommended

Dom

I deleted your ticket number as you should never post such information on the forum.

Thanks!

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Daniw,

Thank you, I hope this will get results.

Dom Citro

HP Recommended

the HP Tech Reps are from India and

we have very great difficulty of understanding them 

and they have a procedure to what 

HP has intructed them 

and the have some kind of instructions

what your trouble is 

they are not the experience tech that 

use to be once in the USA which HP 

went the cheap way and cut their cost 

and you may or not get the result from them

it probably better go to authorized repair 

service near your area if you are close 

by may have to travel which is up to you 

but the forum is here to help folks like you 

some of us are computer literate  to very tech savy to

very techinlogicaly advance  

hope some you folks get good luck here 

but for warranty service we cant provide here 

but advise of steps 

i do work in retail that also sell computers and other add-on 

stuff like printers to extenal devices to software 

and I have heard many things happens 

it is advisable that you take steps to give 

yourselves some assurances explained below

and most of all get an extended proctection 

for your computers and add-on devices 

complianing about the HP tech reps and threatening 

here will not resolve you issues here 

you need to take you complaints to the proper channel

for example contact HP through their site which located

at the bottom of the page to contact them 

www.hp.com that is there site main page

you will find at the left bottom page the last colum 

under customer support 

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.