Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Using a high end gaming laptop, 50 download, 10 upload. Mozilla firefox. Im trying to fix my girlfreinds HP laptop, but cant access the website at all,

loading pages gives me internal server erros, or time out, and if it does work it takes dial-up era speeds.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

BriniaSona

Not much to go on... will try:

Some Ideas that might help:

• Restart everything, including your router.
  • Try a different system, clear your cache... do not use the system that needs the work -- it may not be connecting properly.
  • The computer's HP driver page may be having issues -- it does happen on occasion.   You might be able to search out an alternative -- there are usually some cached Google pages available for older systems.
  • Try connecting from a different location.
  • Try using Internet Explorer:  this is likely NOT the issue.   You could try it if you can stand the idea.

It is more likely a problem of the page not being able to connect to the Driver page for some reason (not your fault).  However, if you try to connect, and wait it out, sometimes the "Spinning Wheel of Hope" will actually clear and the page will eventually connect.    It can take several minutes -- or it can just sit there and never work.  Depends on factors completely outside of your control.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to say Thank You!

And...Click Accept as Solution when my Answer provides a Fix or Workaround!

I am pleased to provide assistance on behalf of HP. I do not work for HP. 

Note the bit about my not working for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

It would really help us if you clarified what "the website" actually is!!!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

I suspect he means the HP Support Site since he wants to repair a laptop (download drivers?). I have issues with the HP Support Site as well since yesterday. It gives Runtime errors like the following when I try to submit or manage support cases:

Server Error in '/scm' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that above error appears in both Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome Versie 41.0.2272.118 m.

HP Recommended

Hi @ArthurTromp ,

Thank you for reporting what you are experiencing. I have forwarded to the appropriate team at HP.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Thank you, George.  Haven't had the error message since wednesday, so it looks like the HP Support Site is running fine again.

HP Recommended

The support site is still all but dead.

Endless "connection reset" and site times out erros and "could not open page" screens

In all my years of being an IT manager HP has always had sub-par product but they used to allow end users the ability to download updaed drivers to try and fix the bluescreening their product s are prone to. 

Now for months, and from other posts I have read, longer than that, HP has all but abandonded there support site for us corporate customers silly enough to buy an HP product.

I would laugh but I am the one one held responsible for HP's behavior and that is not funny.  The automated survy asking how HP is doing even timed out and crashed.  Good thing keeps you from getting the poor feedback we would like to give you.

Get you act togeather HP or go out of business so you no longer inflict your anti customer attitube on the market. 

Now to go to the Comcast website to get some real tech support!!  😉

HP Recommended

Hi @pawwof ,

Thank you for reporting the issue. I have forwarded it to the appropriate HP Representative.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Yes thank you, sorry for the venting.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon I have several bluescreening PCs I need to address.

Update: after several hours of clicking over and over I got the drivers I needed.  This was the only website giveing us  problems bankwide today so the issue was not on our side.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.