Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My wife bought me a new Envy for Christmas ( reminds me that I must change my signature here!)

I set up the main parts last week and today I began installing Office 365. Just before it finished and after it had installed the five component products it froze - the BSOD! I posted for help on the Microsoft Community and came here to find the User Guide - I thought I may not have changed the settings and it had gone into Sleep mode.

I tried some methods to wake it up - there was a limited response when I closed and then opened the lid (cover?) - it went from Black to dark Blue.

So I went to the main HP site and searched to see how I could wake up my brand new PC . Result number 1:

snip - HP website looking for manual 2016-01 21st.PNG

You'll see that I'd input the right model but it was only able to take me to Envy MS, whatever that it.

After going around in (many) circles I had this screen:

snip - HP website looking for manual 2 2016-01 21st.PNG

What????? I didn't want threads in thsi Forum. I wanted the User Manual.

So two questions:

[1] Would some kind person forward this to the appropriate so that they can consider improvements - at the moment it's pathetic or rather non-existent Customer Service not to have a User Guide/Manual and

[2] Where do I find my User Guide on line?

Thank you.

New Envy 15-AH151sa Win10 IE11
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Your screen shot shows the link to the User Guide...

You chose the Maintenance and Service Manual - a different reference.

The link is here:  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04770256

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you Wyre Nut. I now have the User Guide/Manual but I can't think of how or where I would have chosen the Maintenance and Service Manual. I've tried to recreate my search but no difference.

Perhaps User Guide could be added to Other Support Resources on this screen: http://support.hp.com/gb-en - isn't this screen the logical first "go-to" screen for a new customer? In fact, this may have been the address shown on the papers with the new PC.

New Envy 15-AH151sa Win10 IE11
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.