Did you mean: 
Taffy0872014
Level 4
177 126 2 4
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

The HP Website Search facility must be improved - PLEASE

HP Recommended

My wife bought me a new Envy for Christmas ( reminds me that I must change my signature here!)

I set up the main parts last week and today I began installing Office 365. Just before it finished and after it had installed the five component products it froze - the BSOD! I posted for help on the Microsoft Community and came here to find the User Guide - I thought I may not have changed the settings and it had gone into Sleep mode.

I tried some methods to wake it up - there was a limited response when I closed and then opened the lid (cover?) - it went from Black to dark Blue.

So I went to the main HP site and searched to see how I could wake up my brand new PC . Result number 1:

snip - HP website looking for manual 2016-01 21st.PNG

You'll see that I'd input the right model but it was only able to take me to Envy MS, whatever that it.

After going around in (many) circles I had this screen:

snip - HP website looking for manual 2 2016-01 21st.PNG

What????? I didn't want threads in thsi Forum. I wanted the User Manual.

So two questions:

[1] Would some kind person forward this to the appropriate so that they can consider improvements - at the moment it's pathetic or rather non-existent Customer Service not to have a User Guide/Manual and

[2] Where do I find my User Guide on line?

Thank you.

New Envy 15-AH151sa Win10 IE11
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
WyreNut
Level 15
16,242 15,000 1,039 2,096
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your screen shot shows the link to the User Guide...

You chose the Maintenance and Service Manual - a different reference.

The link is here:  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04770256

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Taffy0872014
Author
Level 4
177 126 2 4
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Wyre Nut. I now have the User Guide/Manual but I can't think of how or where I would have chosen the Maintenance and Service Manual. I've tried to recreate my search but no difference.

Perhaps User Guide could be added to Other Support Resources on this screen: http://support.hp.com/gb-en - isn't this screen the logical first "go-to" screen for a new customer? In fact, this may have been the address shown on the papers with the new PC.

New Envy 15-AH151sa Win10 IE11
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation