Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Well it has started again.

A few hours ago I logged in as per normal.

Toaday my user name, password and ID are all unknown.  Forgotten password?  The email address is invalid.

So I create another parallel ID using the unknown email address and unknown password and a slight variation on the screen name, and here I am.

So how do I get my old login back?  Merge / Remove this one?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@UNC_FLINT

Your original account, CLINT_FLICK, is still there and I do not see any issues with it. I've forwarded this to our forum admin who should be able to take a deeper look into what is going on here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you.

I am editing this, to add this...

I switched from W10 to Debian, and only logging in with my old credentials, IE: the login page came up with my email and password saved from a previous session as my old self, and I am logged in as the NEW ID.

Therefore whatever OS I use and even manually enter the login details I get the new, so it suggests the problem is at the login server end, rather than mine.

HP Recommended

AAnd I'm back.

Whatever magic wand was was waved, worked.

Thank you.

Has all my history been merged?  Any Thanks or whatever carried over?

HP Recommended

Hey @CF4

I'm glad it is working for you again. But I'm sorry, we can't merge accounts.

bill

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended
Understood.
HP Recommended

I included a youtube link in a post and hp deleted it:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html

"Links To Third-Party Websites

We think links are convenient..."

Goodbye!!!

<24Hr. member!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.