cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
arkitekten
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

The unknown unknowns

HP Recommended
HP Elite book x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I would like to hear from the community about what they think of anticipatory software or engines that might be available from HP or Microsoft that will anticipate bugs, malware and warnings to install software updates that the computer is not prepared for or that the software is not appropriate for the HP hardware or installed software on the specific customer machine. A case in point being a recent update I installed from Acronis that was their new Acronis True Image 2021 which turned out to be very buggy, seemed to make the HP machine work slower and went down several times. Eventually i had to uninstall it just to get my machine to work. Should there not be an engine or software that HP pushes out to HP machine owners that anticipates these kinds of bugs in their own software, in software from Microsoft, or in Microsoft or HP certified sotware, such as Acronis third parties?  If you know of a software out there that does this, let us know!

arkitekten
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation