Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My previous post (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Forum-Feedback-Suggestions/Can-anyone-tell-me-why-I-am-unable-to-log-in... was about signing-in to HP Passport/Forums. I tried to reply to him but when I click on Reply, it takes me to the sign-in page and I cannot sign-in. So, I just cleared all my browser history/cookies. Still can't log in. Used Chrome, searched for HP Support forums, got to that page, clicked log-in, and it came up. I guess it must be IE9 that is causing the problem.. Do you have any suggestions on how to correct that?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello khone,

I see you were able to have some success signing in using a different browser and your issue seems to be isolated to IE9. What I'm going to do now is forward your inquiry to the proper channels to see if they can help resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your assistance. 

This problem has many elements that are completely frustrating to me. One example: When I use Chrome, and search for HP Support Forums, it brings-up the home page. If I try to log-in to make a post, it takes me to the HP Passport sign-in page where it shows my email address and password (hidden) which is what my Norton Internet log-in has. And when I try to sign-in, all it does is recycle back. However, if I select a subject area, such as Other Desktop questions, it automatically opens that area and I'm automatically logged-in showing my Forum ID (Khone) and that is how I'm able to reply to your response. Any other way, I cannot log-in to the Forums or HP Passport. 

Twice, at the HP Passport log-in page, where it shows my email address/password, and it denies log-in, I click on Forgot Password, then answer the questions, the next page is to reset my password. If I select one, it says I cannot use the one already used. I then assume that if I use that password, along with my email address at the Passport page, I should be able to log-in. No way. Says user id or password is incorrect.

I don't have any idea what is stored in the HP site for user id or password. I've tried to reregister using my current email but it says I can't use that. 

Totally confusing and I don't know  why this started happening in Februrary after I set-up this computer and had been able to access HP Forums and make posts. 

Again, thanks so much for any assistance you can provide.

HP Recommended
This is to anyone that might have a solution. I have not been able to log-in to the HP Passport or HP Forums since January. I've use IE and Chrome and all I get is information incorrect, despite changing my password, and not (05/03) my account has been locked-out due to numerous attempts. I have went through my computer and disabled all history, cookies, reduced the security to lowest, and disabled the auto-fill options on Windows and Norton. Nothing works. I never had this problem prior to January 2013. My feeling is that HP should delete all information in their system and allow me to reregister. Otherwise, I have two remaining options: 1. reset my computer to factory settings (it is a HP refurbished H8-1280t registered in January) or2. just forget trying to log-in to anything associated with HP. I have no desire to restore my computer, so, I guess I'll just use option 2.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.