Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I spent about 2+ hrs on the phone with a gentleman from somewhere in the Middle East, I am guessing from the accent and the time difference.  I was not able to thank him properly and didn't know if calling the same number would lead me to him.  Wherever you are Peter S. thank you.  The solution to the problem DID work!  I hope you passed your exams that you had to take an hour after you finished talking to me.  Hp customer service get's a A+ rating from me because of your patience and understanding of someone who is a novice at computers.

Now to explain the story to those who do not know.  I bought a desk top from HP 9600t 8gig about a 1.5 ago.  I only had DSL internet until recently.  I moved out of stoneage land where DSL and dial up are the only provider and have Mediacom now.  My download speed was .5mbps and 1.5 upload from the new internet.  First thought was it has to be the internet provider.  Two weeks later Mediacom is baffled.  I bring my HP laptop the last tech visit and we test it on that computer (it was not their the first two times).  On the Laptop I had 8.5dl and 1.9 upload.  Media com says it must be the desktop computer. 

My worst decision was hiring a computer tech to come look at my computer rather than calling hp right away.  I regret this and paid big for it but in the end HP Service fixed this and I am so happy it negates the latter.  The computer tech did make my computer faster but he couldn't figure out what the problem was and blamed my internet provider. I didn't believe that could be the problem so I decided to call the people I should have called all along.

I call HP hoping they can help me or fix the hardware.  Peter spent two+ hours on the phone and although we had a few language and hearing barriers, he put up with my ignorance of computer knowledge.  After the second call(which he made to me today) it was finally suggested I buy a router rather than hook up directly in a modem(which is what i was doing and had done with dsl)  I didn't really understand why(because I was having trouble understanding even though they did explain it to me) that would fix it.  So, I hung up the phone and hoped that what they suggested would work.  IT DID!  My desktop now had almost 9 Mbps and almost 2 upload.  It might seem like it was a simple fix and I don't care why or how, but THANK YOU. 

For those of you that have such negative experiences with HP service I can only tell you this.  Remain calm, kind, and understand that there is another person on the end of that phone.  If you treat them like dirt then expect them to treat you the same.  Or maybe you just need to get this guy Peter on the phone and get lucky like I did.   I hope that someday Peter you read this.

God Bless!

Lyndsey

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Lyndsey,

I'm so glad you had a positive experience with HP Support and were able to fix your issue.

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

Hi Lendsey,

I'm happy that you could solve your problem and hope that all Hp representitive were Peter. I'm one who had the worst experience with Hp customer service 😞 The difference may be the cost. Your problem didn't need to replace or cost them any money to pay for but If it would cost them to afford some expenses I think you would have the same experience as me. Even they will neglect your complaint as some people did !!

But I want also to thank Mr. Peter for his hard working and valuable time he spent to solve your problem .Although I don't know him at all. Really appreciating the company that values their customers.

HP Recommended

**update**

Peter called me a few minutes ago to make sure that what they suggested had worked.  So I was able to thank him properly. Case closed!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.