Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP M1136 Laserjet Pro

My printer HP M1136 laserjet Pro having serial number [edited] has been stolen from my office. I want to trace the same can you please help or guide me how to trace the same. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Kiran26 

I am sorry this happened.

There is naught our Community can do, of course.

Unless you placed / hid a tracking device on the printer, there is no built-in way to track it.  Printers do not typically have tracking devices built-in as a part of the normal hardware.

This is a case that must be conducted by your local police force or similar authority that provides theft recovery services.

It may or may not be a "lost cause", though I would certainly report it to the authorities - if they do find a cache of printers somewhere and yours is with them, you may get it back or at least help prove the thieves are in possession of your property.

After you have notified the police / authorities, consider contacting your business insurance.  They will perhaps provide a list of what else you should do.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Respected Sir,

I am very thankful for your reply.

I hereby request you to kindly help me in any way possible for you in tracing my printer. I will be really obliged to you for the same. 

I had lodged a complaint with local police but along with it your help will also be very helpful in tracing the printer.

Please do the needful and Oblige.

HP Recommended

@Kiran26 

Our Community does not have any way to trace / track your device for you.

The Community is not a police agency and we do not have access to methods to track down your computer or the thieves that took it from your care.

I am sorry this happened, of course - and I know that sympathy does not help you.

For those reading:

There are special software packages that are available to track and trace your computer.

Available in Windows 10 with a Microsoft Account:

Find and lock a lost Windows device

Reminder

The setup must be completed ahead of time - that is, you cannot go in after the device is already gone and adjust the settings.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Respected Sir,

As per your previous reply I got it was said that- "It may or may not be a "lost cause", though I would certainly report it to the authorities - if they do find a cache of printers somewhere and yours is with them, you may get it back or at least help prove the thieves are in possession of your property."

Sir may I know whether the authorities will be able to find a cache of printer somewhere and help me out with that ?

Thanks & Regards

HP Recommended

@Kiran26 

You are asking questions for which I have no answer.

I do not know whether the police in your community have any chance of finding your computer.

I would guess the computer is gone forever.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.