cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ALH190
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Trying to find out year of release

HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming GTX1050 Laptop - 15-ec1000na

Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of where I would find the release date for this product please? Looking to purchase for gaming/homeschooling and have found this laptop at Argos and want to check it’s a fairly recent release but Argos themselves give different answers. Have spent a long time Googling but no joy and am yet to find a way to contact HP direct with this particular query. Thanks in advance if you’re able to assist a technical novice!

4 REPLIES 4
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
7,833 7,727 822 2,907
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-ec0000-laptop-pc-series/29322788/manuals

around 2019

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem >

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ? Click on the yes button 
Warning
If you have to do certain manipulations, it is at your own risk, think carefully before acting!
If you don't think you can, get help, or go to a professional

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
happy New Year
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
VIRTUALDUB111
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This was released with several processors and not all necessarily in 2019. One version was the  AMD Ryzen 5-3550H /1050 and later one the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H /1050 (most recent). Argos UK is selling this exclusively with an HP Gaming Headset and gaming mouse worth around or more  RRP £80.00 ( This is exclusive to Argos)

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
138,168 91,321 21,333 28,335
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @ALH190 

Below is the link to the product specs for that particular model...

HP Pavilion - 15-ec1000na Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

That would be the only information we can provide since this is a peer to peer forum.

If you need to know the exact month and year of release, you will need to call HP in the UK.

Contact HP - Phone Assist | HP® United Kingdom

Call the number listed for Computing products for home.

I have a similar model (15-ee047nr) with the AMD Ryzen 4500 processor, and it was made in June of 2020 by looking at the serial number.

I realize you don't have that option since you haven't bought the notebook yet.

Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
7,833 7,727 822 2,907
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VIRTUALDUB111 wrote:

Hi,

This was released with several processors and not all necessarily in 2019. One version was the  AMD Ryzen 5-3550H /1050 and later one the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H /1050 (most recent). Argos UK is selling this exclusively with an HP Gaming Headset and gaming mouse worth around or more  RRP £80.00 ( This is exclusive to Argos)

good since the time, no news from the user.
only I want to clarify,that I respond in relation to a given model, , not of all models in the series

Pavilion Gaming GTX1050 Laptop - 15-ec1000na
From what is given as a model, and from the product page, I don't see any other processors, anyway:

That said, I gave an approximate date indeed based on what I had found, and therefore it would be from 2019 more or less!

HP Pavilion - 15-ec1000na Product Specifications 

AMD Ryzen™ 5 4600H (3.0 GHz base clock, up to 4.0 GHz max boost clock, 3 MB L2 cache, 6 cores)

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 (3 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

the question being whether it was recent, so not quite, but it is not very old

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem >

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ? Click on the yes button 
Warning
If you have to do certain manipulations, it is at your own risk, think carefully before acting!
If you don't think you can, get help, or go to a professional

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
happy New Year
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation