Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Forum Website

I have recently changed my email address and went into my Forum account "My Settings" to update this change.  It looked to me like another HP website I had just made a similar change to - on that website I had to completely re-register as a brand new customer and none of my previous information could be transferred to my new my email address [identity].  The old email address [identity] remained on that system and would eventually be removed through lack of use.  Anyhow so back at the Forum, I created a NEW Forum registration with my new email address and linked it to my old Forum user name "MFP477".  So now I have 2 Forum UserIDs pointing to the same Forum username "MFP477".  Only the original MFP477 contains my content.  What I want is to use my new email address / identity and if I can't take my content with me then so be it.  If I need to use a different Forum UserName than MPF477 I can but I don't want to use the OLD email address as a login ID again or for any other purpose.  What is the best way to proceed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MFP477

The problem is you have already registered the new email account on the forums, so the system won’t allow you to use that email as the new user id on your old (original) account.

To change it, you need to log in to the forums with the NEW email account, go to My Settings then click on User ID and change it to something else. Then log out, and log in again, but this time with the OLD email account, then go to My Settings > User ID and change it to his new email account.

This way, each time you use your new email account as the user id to log in, you will be accessing the old (or original) forums account, which, I believe, is what you want.

Please let me now if you have any other additional questions regarding this issue.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MFP477

The problem is you have already registered the new email account on the forums, so the system won’t allow you to use that email as the new user id on your old (original) account.

To change it, you need to log in to the forums with the NEW email account, go to My Settings then click on User ID and change it to something else. Then log out, and log in again, but this time with the OLD email account, then go to My Settings > User ID and change it to his new email account.

This way, each time you use your new email account as the user id to log in, you will be accessing the old (or original) forums account, which, I believe, is what you want.

Please let me now if you have any other additional questions regarding this issue.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you danny-r,

I took me a few goes and found I also had to change my email address in the "Personal Information" screen [AKA "Contact Information"] to get all mentions of my old email address to disappear from my profile.  I was also able to delete the new profile [Forum login] I created.  So now I have just one login using my new email address and no mentions of any old email addresses.  Thanks again for your help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.