Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
videobruce
Level 3
50 41 1 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Unable to edit posts. Paragraphs aren't reconized.

HP Recommended
Why can't we edit our posts?? Of the dozens of forums I have used, this is one the 2% that doesn't allow editing posts.___________ Also, why doesn't page formatting work here? All the sentences are run together. You can't separate anything. It makes a very hard read.__________ Best I can do is what was just done. A series of underscores
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
videobruce
Author
Level 3
50 41 1 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I tried "Rich text" and "HTML", but neither make any difference. In the above example, I separated the three sentences by a line, but they are run together.
0 Kudos
videobruce
Author
Level 3
50 41 1 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Since the site fails validation, it appears it is solely a site issue! I do run a W3C browser, but the site is NOT W3C compliant!
0 Kudos
WendyM
Level 7
1,018 917 21 140
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have the same issues in Firefox or Chrome or is it just Opera? 

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,049
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Page loads fine on Firefox. Never tried it on Chrome recently. Seems to happen only on Opera, but that's not an excuse.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
videobruce
Author
Level 3
50 41 1 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The pages load the same. Firefox looks the same as Opera, it's the posting part. The form seems to ignore paragraphs composed in Opera.____ I ran into this in one ot two other forums (that I rarely use) where formatting is lost. Only a single space is accepted between words or sentences.____ Example here is, after the two underscores I created a paragraph, but it gets run together.
0 Kudos
videobruce
Author
Level 3
50 41 1 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The other missing element is no ability to quote._____ Change to vBulletin. It works!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation