Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am from India. Just bought a new Compaq laptop on 19/8/2010. with serial no:scnf01248qb from Ezone,Future Group Outlet in Mumbai. Demo was good, all went well. I have told the sales man to pack the laptop and came home after some other purchases. I could not access the laptop since my child was hospitalised for a week. On 26/08/2010 when I started the laptop, to my surprise monitor not getting displayed, though power is showing in the base. I called up showroom, none picked up, after next day some how could take to the showroom from my busy schedules, there reply was totally irresponsible as they simply washed off their hands and told me to take it up to HP service centre at SakiNaka far away from Bandra.

I had to cut my office today 4/9/10re after travelling one hour, and waited 2 hours to get an appointment. Then they confirmed it is some hardware issue and will take 3 days to repair. I told them want only a new laptop as it was humiliating for me to carry such a problematic laptop any further.

Finally after half an hour, they have told me that I need to go again after 3 days to collect new DO and go to the dealer to get a new laptop.

Is it so pathetic the service standards of HP. Especially in a city like Mumbai. Do they think about their customer for a moment, as one has to skip their job and to during office time(9 am to 6pm) again and again for a brand new laptop.

I am really concerned and disturbed about the quality control of this HP laptops and planning to use media and courts to get me justice.

Any one planning to buy one, please exercise caution before proceeding and have a thorough quality check

Thanks

Gibi George

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.