Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This computer had problems from the day it arrived.  Since I own several notebooks,  I was slow about sending it in for repair.

The unit would crash for no reason!  Applications just crash and stop running.

When it was sent in, it came back, they had replaced the fan with a noisy and defective one.  Sent it in again and it came back with a broken key on the keyboard. 

Then due to the time required each time to send it in, it just sat.  I knew I had a 4 year service contract and did not worry about it much.  Then a few months ago I began needing the notebook. 

So then I called, let them know the history.  Since it had a broken key, they took it in for that and said they would address the other issue.   Came back with a new keyboard, but applications still crashed.

The matter was escalated to a case manager because I was unhappy with the slow boat to China type of service I was getting.  So much for expedited repair!

Edgar, the case manager did get the shipping and service expedited and off to HP it went.  Upon receiving it I saw they replaced the system board and was excited about the fact it was most likely repaired.  Tuned it on and as soon as I started using the machine it crashed again.  Tried it for a while and it kept crashing.

I tried to call Edgar.  He was not available and did not return my calls.  I contacted HP support and they agreed to service the notebook again, but only with the 2 day nonsense.  2 days to get me a box, 2 days to get it to them, a week or 2 with them and 2 days to get it back. 

I emailed Edgar, he saw that I had already shipped the notebook in and replied to me with the service order number, which of course I already had.  Big whip!  Thanks for doing nothing!

Then  I received a feedback form and of course I was not happy, so I let them know how I felt.

A few days later the service number mysteriously  went from a -01 to a -02 and it was back on the fast track for repair.  When the unit was returned to them it was in a crashed condition and the unit would not even finish the boot cycle.  After having the unit for over a week and the number getting changed from a -01 to a -02, I got a call from an HP tech who said he just received the notebook and it was running great.  He did not know what to do since it was running good.  I asked if it was in a crashed condition when he received it, he said no.

OK, what happened at HP?  Who really got the notebook first, what did they do to it before the escalation occurred?  A notebook the will not finish the boot cycle does not just fix itself!  This thing would go to a screen that would say it was not a genuine Microsoft product, even though it was the factory system.  That was it, all it would do.  Now tech says, hey, never saw a problem with it.

OK, fine, they ship it back to me again.  No service report!  No paper work of any kind saying what they did or did not find.  So once again I start using the unit and this time it does a sudden death on me.  I am using it and a second later it is sitting there in the off condition.  I boot it up and look at the view reliability history and it shows the death.  I put the report on the the screen for the HP tech and hibernated the unit.

So I contact Edgar again and he arranges to have it sent back in on the fast track.  Off it goes and they have it for almost 2 weeks this time.  When the unit gets back there is no report or paperwork of any kind saying anything about what they did or did not do to the machine.  For some reason I once again get my hopes up that the unit is repaired.

I start loading software on the machine, MS office, CS5 and some other stuff.  Then when I go to the internet, the application crashes 4 times!  Then while opening a pdf document  with Adobe reader, the application crashes.  Same old problem.  Any application will crash for any reason.

I make the purchase decisions on over 40 computers, up until now all replacements have been HP.  How can I possibly continue to purchase HP machines when the service is so poor?

I sent an email to Edgar this morning and have tried to call.  If HP does not solve this problem this time.  Dell will become the computer of choice.  It is just nutty for HP to spend so much time and money trying over and over to repair a unit when they should just replace the stinking thing!  It is not like they are not still making this same line.  They would rather tick off the customer and spend money on support, shipping, case manager time, tech time and parts then do the right thing and replace this machine.

How crazy is this sort of service?  Considering their issues with with the DV2000, DV6000, and DV9000 AMD lines dying from over heating, you would think they would be doing their best to make costumers happy.   Not HP! 

Your reputation is really starting to suffer  and you do not seem to care!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message.

HP Recommended

Back to the HP service que.  I understand what you are saying.  I offered a problem and need a solution!   Unit keeps crashing!  Service can't repair it.  Need ideas.

This is the perfect place for it!

HP Recommended

Since regular HP channels are not working, how about suggesting a way to get the matter resolved?

Going back to the regular way is not getting it fixed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.