cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheetahssule
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Waiting over a month to get your device back?

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anybody here sent in their device to be repaired, told that it would take about 4-5 business days when purchasing an extended warranty, expected to get it back the estimated date, you finally get a response the day you were supposed to get it back, and they tell you you have to wait over a month to get it back? What? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,953 2,888 392 1,257
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Cheetahssule,

Manufacturer support delays occur because of several different factors. One of the most common reasons is due to part shortage/delay.

Take one of my repairs with an HP Spectre x360. The only reason it was delayed by a month was due to a part shortage. Or my dad's car repair which was delayed by 3 weeks, all because of parts.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation but the only thing you can do is to wait it out.

Best of luck,

Eddy

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
0 Kudos
Cheron-Z
Retired
Retired
4,444 4,348 250 491
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cheetahssule

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Support Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Cheetahssule
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EddyK wrote:

Hello @Cheetahssule,

Manufacturer support delays occur because of several different factors. One of the most common reasons is due to part shortage/delay.

Take one of my repairs with an HP Spectre x360. The only reason it was delayed by a month was due to a part shortage. Or my dad's car repair which was delayed by 3 weeks, all because of parts.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation but the only thing you can do is to wait it out.

Best of luck,

Eddy

And I understand that, they don't always have the part you need to have it fixed, but a whole month? That seems ridiculous that it would take that long

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation