Did you mean: 
SMDad
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Warranty Service For Product Purchased Elsewhere

HP Recommended

Hi,

We purchased an HP laptop (which was customised) afterwards travelled to the UAE. For no apparent reason the battery stops working. I contact HP support and upon checking they realise my warranty is valid and direct me where to take it. Upon reaching my desination, i was told the outlet doesn't cover my warranty. Here are my million dollar questions;

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,850 92,727 12,006 25,602
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SMDad wrote:

... We purchased an HP laptop (which was customised) afterwards travelled to the UAE.....

Hi,

You need to contact the place where you bought the machine, they will give you a case number and all information how to send the machine back for repair. You need to follow the procedure otherwise this may take longer to get to its birth place. UAE centre(s) won't help you, the best they can offer: help you send your machine back.

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
george-p
Retired
Retired
15,312 9,281 123 369
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @SMDad ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation