Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ok,

Well had an issue with my laptop here. The computer would not boot up.

Called Compaq and they were quick to help try to fix the issue I was having. After sitting on tthe phone and going through all the basic steps to resolve this issue we had no luck. I was sent recovery disks to try and they as well did not work. Upon calling back I was asked to send the laptop in to have it looked at by a technician in thier repair facitlity. Again very prompt and was very pleased up to this point. The computer was shipped out and was returned in under a week, I was very pleased until I opened the box and tried to use it. I started the system up, and all seemed ok. Tried a few programs and was recieveing errors off of everything. Programs that I had purchased ( that were on the computer at time of purchase) were missing as well as the os was changed.

Called Compaq again and was given a run around from their represntitive. Spoke with a supervisor and was told the same thing. I was given a number to the now defunked Circuit City, which turned out to be of no use what so ever. I recieved a copy of the windows vista home edition 64 bit from a friend and have now installed that and my computer is now acting normally.

I still have the issue that I am missing programs that were on the system at the time of purchase (and what made me ultimately buy this model) and was told by the supervisor that I would have to purchase the programs seperately or that the now closed Circuit City would have to resolve my issues with this problem. Anyone have any Idea's?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. This forum is to leave feedback and suggestions directly relating to these message boards. If you have feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive direct help or feedback from HP. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.