Did you mean: 
photowolf
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Warranty denied on repair by 1 day

HP Recommended

Hello Friends,

I bought HP laptops for two of my children attending college, after 11 months the casing on one of the computers started cracking near the hinge, Warranty repair service was denied, they said the damage was caused by excessive use, that computer was never dropped, its just normal use by college students. I had to pay for the repairs with HP service. 

Two months later, the casing starts to crack at the same spot!  By the time I called HP to look into repairing the machine again, they are telling me its after the 90 day warranty on repairs.  By 1 day!  by their count, I still disagree with the counting of days.  regardless, the repair did not last 90 days and this laptop should be fixed.

Please, is there anyone out there that can help me, the case manager is not helping at all.

JW

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
WendyM
Level 7
1,018 917 21 140
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi photowolf,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. Since this is a duplicate post I'm going to lock this one, please check your other post here for replies:
Warranty repair denied because of 1 day?

Thanks!

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation