Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4007na (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two laptops and both showed Unknown Warranty state

I refreshed one successfully.
I went to refresh the second and the refresh link became disabled. Hovering over the disabled refresh link showed a popup message "Warranty status can only be refreshed once a day" - see imagewarranty-state-refresh-issue.gif.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@nigelfreeney

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

How are you trying to do this, Is it through Hp support assistant?

If yes, please try un-installing and re-installing it from this link , and then give it a try. 🙂

Let me know how that pans out,

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Barachiel,

I am simply reporting that he website doesn't work in a way that it should. I have two identical laptops. Warranty status was shown as unknown on both (I know that the warranty has expired on both).  I see that for some reason the image I tried to post with the question did not get uploaded properly. It is obvious from the image that I am talking about being logged into the HP website https://support.hp.com/gb-en/dashboard. 

warranty-state-refresh-issue.gif

I refreshed one successfully.
I went to refresh the second and the refresh link became disabled. Hovering over the disabled refresh link showed a popup message "Warranty status can only be refreshed once a day" 

THe expected behaviour would be that limit would apply on a per item basis not a per account basis - i.e. it makes no sense that refreshing the status of the first laptop should not affect my ability to refresh the status of the second laptop on the same day.

I am just feeding back the error and don't need any further assistance on this. However, there is also an issue with logging in whic hI would suggest you should also look at:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Forum-Feedback-Suggestions/Login-to-HP-website-is-confusing/m-p/680574...

Thanks,

Nigel

HP Recommended

@nigelfreeney

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Barachiel is at your service. 

I Understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the required informations,

Keep me posted,

Good Luck. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.